About The Boomer Institute
Thank you for your interest. Mainejobs.theboomerinstitute is no longer in service. It was meant to be a short-term solution to the summer tourist season need for talent.
With the intention of bolstering the southern Maine economy and attract needed talent, several local organizations, calling themselves “The Southern Maine Jobs Collaborative”, have joined together to promote mainejobs.theboomerinstitute.com, a website designed to link local independent businesses with a workforce of retired and people over 50 who want to supplement their income while engaging in purposeful work.
The Jobs Collective includes the following organizations: Heart At Work Associates, Portland Buy Local, Portland Downtown, Local Economy Payroll and Collective Commitments.
Barbara Babkirk, owner of Heart At Work Associates, is donating, as a community service, the use of the website mainejobs.theboomerinstitute.com as a pilot to help local independent Maine employers attract untapped talent to rebuild after COVID-19 and particularly during the 2021 summer season. This pilot will provide an important opportunity for Maine retirees and those over 50, who are motivated by purposeful work and an opportunity to earn or supplement their income.
Who are The Boomer Institute Participants?
Individuals 50+ who:
- desire a greater sense of purpose in life
- are ready to work part-time, temporary, or full time
- may be retiring or have already retired from a primary career
Independent Maine Employers that:
- have temporary, part-time or full-time talent needs
- want to have access to a new pool of candidates
- need help for short or long term projects or jobs that require experience and skills
- are open to providing alternative ways of work to attract the right talent